Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Preparing for your initial appointment
If you think Essure might be right for you, schedule a consultation with an Essure-certified doctor. This consultation is an opportunity to educate yourself about Essure and ask questions. Use the following list as a starting point and add any questions of your own:
- Do you perform the Essure procedure here in your office?
- How long does it take you to perform the Essure procedure?
- Will I need medications before, during or after the procedure? If so, which ones do you recommend?
- What can I expect on the day of the procedure?
- Do I need any special preparations the night before or morning of the procedure?
- Is there a recovery period with Essure? What can I expect?
- Can I drive myself home after the procedure?
- What will be my options if both inserts cannot be placed on my first visit?
- Who will perform my Essure Confirmation Test and how should I schedule it?
- Can I continue using my current birth control during the three months between the procedure and the Essure Confirmation Test?
- Tell me about your other patients’ experiences with Essure.
In This Section
- Gynecological Care
- Obstetrical Care
- Digital Mammography
- da Vinci Surgery
- In Office Procedures
- Endometrial Ablation
- Bone Density Testing (DEXA)
- Women's Health
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding
- Essure - Overview
- How does the Essure procedure work?
- Why is Essure different?
- Benefits and considerations of the Essure procedure
- Questions and answers about the Essure procedure
- What can I expect?
- The Essure FlexPay Plan
- Is the Essure procedure right for me?
- Is the Essure procedure covered by insurance
- Questions to ask your doctor