Careers at Spartanburg & Pelham OB-GYN
Available Positions in Spartanburg and Greer, SC
At Spartanburg & Pelham OB-GYN, we seek to provide the highest level of care through our knowledgeable administrative support team and highly skilled health care professionals. If you're interested in becoming a member of the Spartanburg & Pelham team, please click "apply now" next to the position you'd like to inquire about OR send your resume to email@example.com. For questions about our available positions, please contact our Practice Administrator Lillian Lightner.
Now Accepting Applications
Insurance Verification Specialist
General Summary: A non-exempt medical office position responsible for obtaining prior authorization for patients prior to rendering services such as, but not limited to, procedures, injections, medications, infusions, DME, surgery, diagnostic testing, and imaging.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the practice.
- Adheres to the HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Obtains insurance pre-certification for all office procedures, medications, infusions, injections, diagnostic testing, DME, imaging, and medications.
- Performs timely documentation of status of work in applicable electronic platform.
- Schedules patient procedures and/or tests with appropriate departments including involved parties.
- Obtains referrals as necessary.
- Ensures patients are informed of scheduled tests/procedures and insurance requirements prior to completion.
- Assists in benefit verification with various payors and relays financial responsibility to patient.
- Coordinates authorization processes with scheduling staff so appointments can be made in a timely manner.
- Obtains any and all pertinent clinical health information to process authorizations, referrals, and precertifications.
- Reinforces instructions and explanations of tests/procedures to patients per protocol.
- Documents all pre-certifications/authorizations in appropriate electronic platform.
- Verifies demographic information, including insurance, when scheduling and/or obtaining pre-cert.
- Handles phone calls from patients regarding their insurance requirements for tests/procedures if applicable.
- Compiles necessary reports in regards to pre-certification.
- Communicates with Business Office in regards to verification of complex insurance and precertification requirements.
- Maintains good working relationships with all contacts.
- Consistently maintains confidentiality with regard to all job assignments
- General knowledge of Obstetrical and Gynecological: CPT and ICD-10 codes, medical terminology, and anatomy.
- Takes initiative to seek out tasks and duties or to assist others as necessary.
- Exhibits computer systems knowledge and proficiency as necessary to perform job functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned when appropriate.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 36 hours/week
- 401k contribution and matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Most importantly, a wonderful working environment and positive culture.
Job Type: Full-time
Spartanburg & Pelham OB-GYN is an equal-opportunity employer. It is our policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability, as required by state and federal law. Spartanburg & Pelham OB-GYN is committed to this policy. All appropriate steps are taken to ensure equal opportunity in employment with respect to all personnel actions, including, but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, education, and promotion/advancement opportunities.
Please check back again as our employment opportunities are updated regularly; however, availability is subject to change without notice. Some positions may have requirements or other qualifications not listed.