Careers at Spartanburg & Pelham OB-GYN
Available Positions in Spartanburg and Greer, SC
At Spartanburg & Pelham OB-GYN, we seek to provide the highest level of care through our knowledgeable administrative support team and highly skilled health care professionals. If you're interested in becoming a member of the Spartanburg & Pelham team, please click "apply now" under the position you'd like to inquire about OR send your resume to email@example.com. For questions about our available positions, please contact our Practice Administrator Lillian Lightner.
A non-exempt medical office position responsible for providing patient care in a medical office setting under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor. This position assists medical providers and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare and organize the procedure room equipment, instruments, and supplies as required for various procedures
- Take care of specimens, prepare, check, and monitor medications, and assist with dressings
- Set up a sterile and sanitary environment, and maintain the sterile field for the patient during procedures
- Follow relevant safety and sanitation guidelines
- Order, stock and restock medical supplies
- Inspect, replace, and sterilize medical instruments
- Handle patient calls
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain medical history, measure vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, blood pressure, weight, and height), and record information in patient’s chart.
- Collect samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Assists physicians with procedures and injections.
- Evaluate daily schedules to ensure adequate supplies.
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of the practice.
- Adheres to the HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Utilizes electronic health record for tasks assigned.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Current certification as a medical assistant.
- Two or more years working as a medical assistant preferred, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, clinical, and administrative staff.
- Ability to work well independently and be detailed-oriented, but also interact well with a team.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
Proficiency in relevant computer hardware and software, as well as EMR systems, and other standard medical office equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $17.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- On-the-job training
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Spartanburg & Pelham OB-GYN is an equal-opportunity employer. It is our policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability, as required by state and federal law. Spartanburg & Pelham OB-GYN is committed to this policy. All appropriate steps are taken to ensure equal opportunity in employment with respect to all personnel actions, including, but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, education, and promotion/advancement opportunities.
Please check back again as our employment opportunities are updated regularly; however, availability is subject to change without notice. Some positions may have requirements or other qualifications not listed.